Conrad Bo Superblur invents a new sport called No Volley Racket
CONRAD BO SUPERBLUR INVENTS NO VOLLEY RACKET
I have invented a new sport, and I am calling it No Volley Racket—or NV Racket for short.
The idea is brilliantly simple: ban the volley. The ball must bounce before every single strike. No exceptions.
As we all know, the volley is the enemy of mini tennis. If you play inside the opposing service boxes on a normal tennis court, the volley turns the game into a cooperative exercise rather than a competitive battle. You always have to hold back on the volley just to keep the rally going. You are essentially apologizing with your racquet. By removing the volley entirely, you instantly get a competitive game where both players can redline their intensity without fear of ending the point in one shot.
So where did this idea come from?
The whole thing came to me at the Ellis Park Tennis Courts in Johannesburg. I wanted to play Pickleball on the opposing service boxes of a normal tennis court, but I did not want to ruin the court by drawing temporary kitchen lines with chalk. I hate leaving marks on nice courts.
So I thought to myself: Why not just ban the volley and use the existing boundary lines?
I tried it. It worked great.
Then I thought: Why stop at Pickleball?
I grabbed a Tennis Racket and a Tennis Ball and tried the exact same rule on the exact same court. And you know what? It worked even better. It was more satisfying. The rallies were longer, the movement was more intense, and I was sweating like I had just played three sets of real tennis.
That is when I realized I had stumbled onto something bigger than just a Pickleball workaround.
No Volley Racket works for multiple sports:
No Volley Tennis: Normal court, normal serve, normal rackets. Just ban the volley. You get a pure baseline endurance war.
No Volley Padel: This actually makes singles Padel possible on a normal Padel court. It also means you can play Padel in your backyard or even a parking lot—just draw a boundary line, set up a net, and go.
No Volley Pickleball: No need for kitchen lines. Just ban the volley and use any court.
No Volley Mini Tennis: Turns a cooperative warm-up drill into a fierce, competitive game.
#nvracket #novolleyracket
Comments
Post a Comment